Saturday, October 15, 2011

Spiders

Some people in my life find it hilarious that I am afraid of spiders due to the fact that halloween is by far my favorite holiday. Although spiders don't entirely symbolize halloween they tend to go hand in hand with one another. Let's be serious.... Who even likes spiders? I mean I have a bipolar outlook to them sometimes but majority of the time they freak me out.
Today, as I went to get into the shower a spider crawled out from underneath the bathroom door... I proceeded to scream. The spider was a clear color and had long reddish brown legs. (GROSS!) He kept stretching his legs out as if he was saying "Danielle, Here I am" or maybe he was just doing yoga.
REGARDLESS it grossed me out. Lets flashback a few years.... When I was little I would always call my mother or my father to come save me from the "bad guy" AKA the tiny spider crawling on my wall. As I got older I found hairspray to be a spiders kryptonite. It kills them instantly. Granted there would be a nice spot on your wall from the hairspray remains as well as the curled up little spider but in reality it seems more sane then grabbing it with a tissue. 
Okay back to today.... So this little fellow was just looking at me... with however many eyes spiders have...and I just couldn't handle him being in the same room with me, knowing he could possible escape just irked me. So I took a cup and trapped the spider. Stood there watching him run around in a circle trying to figure out what was going on.... then decided that he was far to gross for me to be comfortable having him in the room. So I pulled a 7th grade science trick and got a cotton ball filled with nail polish remover and tossed it underneath the cup to accompany the spider.... I proceeded to get into the shower and continued about my day...
...The cup along with the cotton ball and the most likely curled up spider still remains on my bathroom floor and will stay there for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment